Section of Clinical Pharmacy
The Section of Clinical Pharmacy (SCP) has been responsible for ensuring continuity of development of clinical pharmacy in the Czech Republic since 1977.
Nowadays the SCP:
- supports the development of clinical pharmacy services in both outpatient and inpatient setting,
- primarily focuses on the development of educational and scientific aspects of clinical pharmacy and transferring professional clinical pharmacy knowledge to other pharmaceutical disciplines,
- raises awareness on clinical pharmacy both in professional and general public environment.
SCF within the CzPS attempts to deepen knowledge about clinical pharmacy and enhance cooperation with other pharmaceutical sciences, working towards the unity within pharmaceutical fields.
The SCP cooperates nationally and internationally with:
- other professional societies of clinical pharmacy (ESCP, Czech Professional Society of Clinical Pharmacy etc.),
- other professional societies of different specializations (Czech Society of Internal Medicine, Czech Society of General Practice etc.),
- other organizations (Czech Pharmaceutical Council, State Institute for Drug Control, Joint Accreditation Committee, ISPE, ISoP etc.).
SCP has 255 members (as of 9. 5. 2013). All professionals interested in clinical pharmacy, especially those who actively wish to join in the Section activities, will receive warm welcome.